Install Alaska theme using FTP/ Cpanel:
- Download the zipped theme pack to your local computer from Themeforest and extract the ZIP file contents to a folder on your local computer.
- In cPanel File Manager, navigate to your Themes folder. If your WordPress is installed in the document root folder of your web server you would navigate to “public_html/wp-content/themes” and if you have WordPress installed in a sub-folder called wordpress, you would navigate to “public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes”.
- Once you’ve navigated to the Themes folder in cPanel File Manager, click on Upload file(s) and upload that alaska.zip file inside the folder you extracted in Step 1.
- Once the alaska.zip file is uploaded, click on the name of that file in cPanel, then in the panel to the right, click on “Extract File Contents”, and that alaska.zip file will be uncompressed.
Follow the instructions below for selecting the new Theme.
Install Alaska via WordPress Dashboard:
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Select Add New.
- Use the Upload link in the top links row to upload a zipped copy of Alaska Theme that you have previously downloaded to your machine.
All your data in the database are safe because after updating theme files don`t change anything in the database. Please however always make a backup of your files & database.